If you've been around here long, you know I love the season of Advent! This project only requires a few materials and can be done in under 30 minutes. Now that's my kind of DIY project! :)
- Scrap wood or 1 x 1 square dowel
- Belt sander, palm sander or sandpaper
- Small assorted trees with flat bases (mini bottle brush trees and wooden trees pictured are from Dollar Tree)
- Choose a long, thin piece of scrap wood or opt for a 1x1x1" square dowel at hardware store.
- If a hillside is desired, use a scroll saw to cut along one edge, or use a belt sander to make smooth indentations as desired.
- Measure and mark for 24 evenly spaced holes on the top side of the wood. (I used about 1/2" spacing for the one pictured)
- Use a thin drill bit to drill into the wood where marked.
- Drill small holes into the center of each mini assorted tree.
- Cut toothpicks to desired length. Use hot glue to attach toothpick pieces into the base of each tree.
Other designs could be made for interactive countdowns throughout the year! Try mini flowers for a spring garden, candles for a birthday or mini leaves to countdown to Thanksgiving. Happy crafting!